Saturday, March 04, 2006

Crusaders

According to Abbas, immediately thereafter Bush said: "God told me to strike at al Qaida and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East. If you help me I will act, and if not, the elections will come and I will have to focus on them."

When asked about sending troops to Iraq, [Tony Blair] said: "That decision has to be taken and has to be lived with, and in the end there is a judgment that - well, I think if you have faith about these things then you realise that judgment is made by other people," he said. Asked to explain what he meant, Mr Blair replied: "If you believe in God, it's made by God as well."













Michelangelo, The Last Judgment (detail): the damned in hell

No comments:

Post a Comment